Nonprofit Liability (NP) Insurance protects the assets of a nonprofit organization and its individual directors, officers and employees from expenses arising from allegations of wrongful acts. Frost Insurance Services works closely with Monitor Liability to provide high quality and affordable insurance programs.
Monitor Liability Managers offers
- Directors and Officers Liability (D&O) Insurance
- Employment Practices Liability (EPL) Insurance
- Fiduciary Liability Insurance
What is NP Liability Insurance?
NP Insurance offers protection for individual directors and officers when claims are made against them. It also safeguards the organization against liability for claims brought by employees and/or customers. This coverage helps to attract and retain qualified board members.
What does a nonprofit organization have to lose if they don’t have it?
Costly litigation and settlement expenses, loss of donations, negative publicity and loss of your nonprofit status are just a few of the consequences your organization could face if you don’t have NP Insurance when a claim occurs.
- Limits of liability up to $5 million, separate or combined for each coverage
- Primary or excess coverage available
- Deductibles as low as $0 for individuals and $500 for entities
- Costs of defense in addition to the limit of liability
- EEOC (or state equivalent) coverage
- Includes full-time, part-time, and leased employees, volunteers and independent contractors
- Full prior acts coverage
- EPL coverage extends to claims brought by third parties
- Personal injury coverage
- 60-day automatic extended reporting periods, with options for 12, 24 and 36 months
- Texas Association of Nonprofit Organizations (TANO) Member Coverage Enhancements
- Preferred pricing, discounted for TANO members
- Sublimit for costs of defense for claims alleging violation(s) of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Waiver of deductible (if ruling of no liability obtained)
- Sublimit for costs of defense for alleged hiring or harboring of illegal aliens
- Sublimit for defamation, libel and invasion of privacy against a third party resulting from the use of social media
Risk Management Services
Complimentary services include:
- Toll-free helpline calls that provides basic workplace issue consultation
- MyHRHelp website with employment resources
- Free monthly risk management webinars and an archived webinar library
All services are provided by Gordon and Rees LLP, a national law firm with extensive experience in employment law.
Monitor Liability Managers
As a part of W. R. Berkley Corporation group of companies, Monitor Liability places coverage with Carolina Casualty Insurance Company, an admitted carrier, and Admiral Insurance Company, a non-admitted carrier. Both are W. R. Berkley Corporation member companies and are rated A+ (Superior) by A. M. Best Company(Superior) by A. M. Best Company.
To Request a Quote
Contact Lisa Hill, Frost Insurance Services, at (713)821-1744 or email@example.com.