|Job Title:||Events and Corporate Partnership Coordinator|
|Reports To:||Development Manager|
About Caritas of Austin
Caritas of Austin provides a service continuum for those experiencing poverty that begins with a safety net and links them to resources to achieve self-sufficiency.
We envision a community where there is respect for all individuals, hope for those experiencing poverty and opportunities for self-reliance.
At Caritas of Austin, our hope for our clients, staff, volunteers and community is demonstrated through Commitment, Equity, Respect and Support.
The dynamic, organized, and creative professional fundraiser who holds this position is responsible for Caritas of Austin’s annual fundraiser, implementation and oversight of the Corporate Partnership program, and the development and management of community fundraisers.
This position plays an integral role within the Development department and will work closely with all team members. This full-time position requires someone who is a self-starter, has excellent time management skills, strong written and verbal communication, and the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
The Events and Corporate Partnership Coordinator will have interaction with a range of external constituents and stakeholders including corporate partners, event sponsors, external vendors, community supporters, the Board of Directors, and various committees. This position must be able to provide excellent donor service and stewardship to all external constituents in a timely and professional manner.
The ideal candidate is someone who is interested in expanding their professional fundraising career, has a passion for the production of mission driven events, is goal oriented, takes initiative on all projects, is a strong communicator, and seeks an opportunity to manage a wide range of fundraising projects within a development department.
|Essential Duties & Responsibilities|
Annual Words of Hope Dinner
- Manage event details and logistics including, but not limited to, program production, entertainment, audio visuals, registration, catering, decorations, vendor negotiations and contracts for Caritas of Austin’s largest annual fundraising event.
- Responsible for all event sponsorships including retaining past sponsors, identification and solicitation of new sponsors, pledges and invoices, and meeting or exceeding annual revenue goal.
- Serve as project lead on development of event-related promotional materials, including sponsor packet and invitation, event program, and signage in collaboration with the Communication Manager.
- Manage the event committee, create meaningful engagement opportunities for the event committee to contribute and actively recruits new committee members.
- Create and manage annual event budget.
- Actively execute the current stewardship plan for event sponsors and attendees and seek ways to improve donor cultivation and retention.
- Collaborate with the Community Development Coordinator to recruitment volunteers as needed.
- Manage the selection committee for the annual Harvey Penick Award to be presented at Words of Hope.
- Prepare correspondence, emails, minutes, reports/presentations as needed.
- Maintain fundraising event-related records in the CRM database.
- Other duties as assigned
- Proactively seek new community engagement and fundraising opportunities in the greater Austin area that relate to donor and volunteer cultivation.
- Screen all potential events to ensure they align with Caritas’ mission and values.
- Grow community use of Caritas of Austin facilities for special events as an income generator.
- Provide stakeholders with appropriate marketing and branding material along with the creation of individual fundraising pages as need.
- Create and implement a cultivation and engagement strategy for all community partners.
- Other duties as assigned
- Serve as primary contact for all corporate donors across various Caritas of Austin events and giving platforms.
- Achieve annual corporate giving goals by building relationships with corporate donors and prospects to strengthen their relationship with Caritas and manage their progression through the moves management cycle.
- Develop an annual Corporate Partners strategy plan to reach budget goals including creating individual strategies for each corporate partner and prospect to cultivate and solicit sponsors.
- Coordinate opportunities for Corporate Partners to support Caritas through cause-related fundraising initiatives, employee engagement, and other efforts.
- Create and implement an annual stewardship plan that provides robust stewardship for corporate members year round.
- Collaborate with the Employment department to identify corporations with already established Caritas relationships who could become a Corporate Partner.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Non-Profit Management, Business, Marketing, Communications, Social Work, or related field.
- Minimum two years’ experience executing large scale fundraising events.
- Minimum two years’ experience working in the nonprofit field.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to strategically prioritize projects and responsibilities
- Collaborates well with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent organizational/project management skills with a particular focus on managing details and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrates initiative and follow through on assignments; self-motivated and goal oriented
- Professional written and verbal communication skills, outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to work independently on projects with minimal supervision
- Very strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence speaking with diverse populations and representing agency in the community
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all internal donor and client information
- Ability to creatively problem solve
- Ability to respond with sensitivity and awareness to those with diverse cultural, ethnic, social backgrounds, values, attitudes and languages
- Passion for Caritas of Austin’s mission
- Computer and database proficiency (MS Word, MS Excel, Internet, database).
- Regular – Normal work hours and days assigned based on a work week of 40 hours.
- Some events may be in the evening or on weekends. The annual Thundercloud Subs Turkey Trot is on Thanksgiving Day and some staff will be required to work this day.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter, resume, and desired salary range to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
20 days of accrued Paid Time Off per year plus 12 Paid Holidays per year
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
Retirement Plan with Employer Match: 50 cents per dollar up to 3% when you contribute 6%
EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com