East Austin nonprofit Chula League’s 16th Annual Cherrywood Art Fair, to be held on December 9 & 10 2017, is looking for an experienced Artist Coordinator.
We need an outstanding, hardworking, and extremely organized self-starter who will support our staff and artists with fair logistics and artist-related issues. The candidate must be incredibly personable and charismatic, as they will be interacting with our artists, staff, volunteers and board members. MUST have large-scale group event experience.
- Develop strategy and work within Fair calendar to determine artist booth layout following Fair acceptance criteria set by Managing Director, Board CAF Chair and Chula Board Chair.
- Publicize Cherrywood Art Fair to arts community to encourage artist applications.
- Review content of artist application form and artist policies for website and test form as needed.
- Work with webmaster to track & monitor artist applications in weekly & then daily reports to Fair leadership (Managing Director, Producer, Board Chair) as artist application deadline(s) approach.
- Communicate with artists as needed concerning artist-related issues including use of website, photos, on-site fair logistics, policies, cancellations, and other issues raised by artists; edit verbiage and manage tactful responses to acceptance or rejection letters.
- Manage jury process and use their scores to curate a well-rounded selection of artists.
- Work with the Publicist and Social Media Manager to initiate content for communication materials, online resources, social media, and press releases.
- Collaborate on strategy with Logistics and Auction Coordinators for artist load in, check-in and load out. Communicate that plan to artists—including offsite artist parking instructions.
- Help secure free or low-cost venue and attend/host October Artist Mixer (date and time TBD).
- Attend the volunteer orientation Thursday, December 7, 2017 (time TBD).
- Lead the Fair layout setup marking all booth measurements on floor and taping off indoor artist booths with Logistics Coordinator assistance Thursday eve. Use flags to mark outdoor booths Friday afternoon, ready for artist load-in Friday at 4pm.
- Address all artist issues onsite at the Fair for duration of event from 3pm on Friday Dec. 8, 2017 through final cleanup (approximately 8pm) on Sunday Dec. 10, 2017.
- Attend production meetings as assigned.
- Participate in post-event team survey and team debrief meeting.
- Develop a one-page report for Managing Director with any recommended changes to booth layout, fees or other artist-related issues within 2 weeks of post-event team debrief meeting.
- Oversee content for online post-event artist surveys, send follow-up participation reminder emails, and create collated report of results.
- Oversee content for post-event artist surveys with assist from CAF Chair and Chula Chair, send follow-up participation reminder emails, and create collated report of results.
- At least 1 year of experience in nonprofit administration, event production or other related field
- Excellent writing and verbal interpersonal skills
- Interest in and knowledge of Cherrywood Art Fair, contemporary artisan, maker and design landscape, artist industry associations, competitor art fairs, and major players
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excel, Word, and Google Drive skills
- Ability to multi-task with good time-management skills
- Team-player with a good sense of humor and positive attitude are major assets
In your cover letter, let us know a little bit about you and how your background makes you a good fit. Are you an artist or a passionate enthusiast of arts and culture? Do you love writing, communicating, and building relationships?
Compensation is $1,800
Please submit your cover letter and resume by June 27, 2017.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://chula-league.careerplug.com/j/05arf2 →