Grantsmagic does a monthly Q&A session called “All Things Grants!” and has provided the replay as well as the transcript below:
|View Q&A replay here|
|Download transcript here|
HIGHLIGHTS: Our guests shared some great ready-to-use highlights from the Grant Professionals Association conference. Be sure to listen! And here are two follow-up resources:
- GrantAdvisor – a kind of “Yelp for grantmakers” that gives you, the grantseeker, the opportunity to offer feedback and share helpful advice about a grantmaker’s practices. (Maryn says: It’s really great.)
- GPA breakout sessions – Maryn says: I can’t absolutely guarantee but if you spot a session you’re especially intrigued by, email me and I’ll see if I can get the presenter to share slides or other resources.
QUESTIONS: A quick peek at the questions we tackled:
- Russell: What lifts a proposal above all the others? How do we become one of the 5% that get funded?
- Matt: Any grants tips for VERY small nonprofits with limited resources who want to dive into grants?
- Sue: It’s driving me crazy – a family family member at a large family foundation is walking his “pet projects” past the review process!
- Toni: What should I do if a grant is denied for reasons they didn’t even set out in their guidelines?
JOIN OUR FACEBOOK COMMUNITY:
- You are invited to join GrantsMagic U’s members-only Facebook community! This is your just-for-grants-folks group – a gathering-place to share questions, inspiration, insights, challenges and celebrations about healthy, sustainable, successful grantseeking. Click here to request approval – we’ll be happy to welcome you!
COMING UP: Be sure to mark your calendar for our next All Things Grants! Q&A call:
- FRIDAY, Dec. 14 – 9 am Pacific