In the wake of Hurricane Harvey, Texas Association of Nonprofit Organizations has put together a resource page to further assist you on your next steps.
Please feel free to create your own link to this page, or copy it onto your website.
- To locate friends and family or to register yourself as safe
- Anyone needing help (not a life-threatening emergency): 211
- To find a shelter, visit www.Redcross.org/shelter or call 800-RED-CROSS
- To report a missing child, contact the National Emergency Child Locator Center: 866-908-9570
- To speak with a professional who can help you cope with emotional distress from the storm, call the Disaster Distress Helpline at 800-985-5990, visit http://disasterdistress.samhsa.gov, or text TalkWithUs to 66746.
HARRIS COUNTY specific:
- Virtual Volunteer Office
- Coast Guard Rescue Houston Area: 281-464-4851, *4852, *4853, *4584, *4855
- Towed Cars (Houston): 713-308-8580;
- Federal Emergency Management Agency – Hurricane Harvey
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- FEMA Mobile App
Includes information on open shelters, recovery centers, disaster survival tips, weather alerts, and more.
- Federal Disaster Assistance
- Governor’s Office – Texas Hurricane Center
- Hurricane Awareness – DPS
- Price Gouging: Consumer Protection Division
- Texas Campgrounds(information on campgrounds and RV parks with space available for Hurricane Harvey evacuees)
- Texas Hotel & Lodging Association(information on lodging with availability and exemption forms for evacuees)
- TXDOT – Drive Texas(current and future highway conditions)
- If you find yourself in need of shelter, please call 2 1 1.
- Coastal Bend Disaster Recovery Group
- Anyone wanting to volunteer statewide
- Contractors or Google “FEMA Industry”
- Independent drivers/haulers: Coyote Logistics, (877) 6-COYOTE 877-626-9683
- Group drivers/haulers , 844-GSA-4111 (844-472-4111)
- FEMA Registration: 800-621-3362/TTY: 800-462 7585;
- FEMA local hire positions are being posted under Customer Representatives
- Anyone wanting to be a FEMA reservist
We will continue to update this page as needed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to add additional information