Can you believe it has already been over a month since Mission Driven 2015? Though the summit has concluded, its lasting effects on attendees are still being felt.
Here are our 10 reasons why Mission Driven 2015 was a huge hit:
- MISSION CAPITAL! – Greenlights revealed its new name and mission: Turning impossible into possible.
- Knowledge in every corner – Whether it was listening Lenny Mendonca and Ebetuel Pallares‘ presentation on What Social Leaders Need to Succeed or Brittany Merrill Underwood‘s discussion on Empowering Women in Poverty, attendees the option to attend the workshops of their choice.
- Learned to ENABLE IMPACT! – Attendees were drenched with concepts and tools to create social change at a greater magnitude; from Phillip Berber’s presentation on “Enable Impact” to Scott Sherman’s closing speech on “The Science of Luck”.
- Limitless Learning – Attendees were exposed to an abundance of knowledge to hone social innovation; from listening to Cheryl Dorsey‘s keynote address on “Nurturing Social Innovators”, to the fireside chat conversation on “Government and the Entrepreneurial Spirit” between Mayor Steve Adler and Matthew Dowd. Mayor Adler also announced an initiative to bridge nonprofit organizations, businesses and government together to solve devastating issues, such as ending veteran homelessness in Austin by Veteran’s Day 2015. #HousingHeroesATX
- The Solution Revolution – Each attendee received a free copy of this book by Bill Eggers; which discuss the role social leaders play in creating a “solution ecosystem”.
- Pay For Success – Attendees were introduced to a new financial/investment model that merges “What works“, “Impact Investing”, and “Government Accountability”.
- Impactful Network – Mission Driven united some of the most influential organizations in the nonprofit sector, which included Verb, 121 Giving, NAMI Austin, E3 Alliance and many others.
- Shark Tank meets Nonprofit – Philanthropitch International gave 10 emerging nonprofits an opportunity to showcase their creativity in a 3 minutes pitch for a cash prize. Congratulation to all of the participants, who won a grand total of $75,000!
- Easter Seals of Central Texas Lawn and Landscape (Took home the most prize money – $13,500)
- Food Forward (Audience Choice Award Winner – received $12,500)
- EDWINS Restaurant/Institute (Audience Choice Award Winner – received $12,500)
- WIT (Whatever It Takes) (received $10,000)
- Mealshare (received $8,500)
- SAGE (Students for Advancement of Global Entrepreneurship)
- Be A Leader Foundation
- Lawn Life
- UTB Teens
On behalf of TANO, I would like to thank Mission Capital and all of the speakers for putting together such an amazing experience.
Want to learn more about wonderful events that gather organizations together for the greater good of the nonprofit sector? JOIN TANO!
#MD15 | #nonprofitpower