TANO expresses our heartfelt concern for all our fellow Texans and others across the country affected by the recent weather events. We particularly want to support our fellow nonprofit organizations and the people they serve by providing a list of resources to respond to the difficult circumstances. Though the brunt of the flooding has concluded, there is still a massive need to clean up the affected areas, support victims that have lost their homes and so much more, and planning to rebuild communities devastated by the storms. Below are resources TANO recommends to make the most of your donations, time, and effort.
Donate and Support the Red Cross
- Call 1-877-500-8645 for shelter, food, comfort, and help from Red Cross for you or anyone you know in the Texas are has been affected by the Memorial Day Flooding
- Text REDCROSS to 90999 Make a $10 donation to American Red Cross National Disaster Relief. Participating carriers only. Donations will appear on customers’ monthly bills or be debited from a prepaid account balance. Message and data rates may apply.
- Visit The Texas Red Cross donation page to make a donation online or by phone.
The United Way
- Support Central Texas flood recovery efforts by making a monetary donation here.
- Give by mobile to help your Hays County neighbors in need by texting FLOODS to 41444 to make a donation.
- Unable to make a monetary donation? Find out about volunteer efforts or how to donate non-monetary items by calling 2-1-1, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Learn more about ways to help flood victim with the United Way by clicking here.
TANO’s partnership with 121Giving provides free crowd funding tools for charities looking to raise money for specific products, and access to wholesale pricing on a range of products. A broad range of vendors have committed to deep discounts through 121Giving, including Ashley Furniture, Factory Mattress, Medline and Kits4Kids (a Staples Company).
More than ever now donors want to help their community, with all the disaster. As needs are identified for recovery efforts from the flooding in Texas, 121Giving is here to help. Charities helping with recovery efforts can build wish lists and specify the products they need, from furniture to home goods to building products and more.