As the Affordable Care Act is implemented, the Texas Association of Nonprofit Organizations is committed to providing Texas’ nonprofits with important updates.
Here are a few key items you should know and links to resources for more information:
All nonprofits can share information about insurance coverage. Individuals served by your nonprofit may have questions about the Affordable Care Act and how to access health insurance and changes to Medicaid. Your nonprofit can serve as a resource and refer those with questions to these useful resources:
Nonprofits with staff have an obligation under the ACA to let their employees know about the options available to their employees to access health insurance.
As the nation gets used to a new system of health insurance delivery, lawmakers want to make sure that all Americans know that they are eligible to access health insurance through the Marketplace. So, one of the ACA’s provisions requires employers to inform all employees of the options available to them for accessing health insurance.
This means that nonprofit employers must provide notice to existing employees by Tuesday, Oct. 1, and to all newly-hired employees after Oct. 1. For more information:
- Click HERE for a fact sheet on the notice requirement by the National Council of Nonprofits.
Refund for small nonprofits: Is your small nonprofit — under 25 employees — eligible for a refund on the premiums it has paid for health insurance for employees?
- Click HERE to learn about the Small Business Health Care Tax Credit.
- Click HERE for a one-page fact sheet on the Small Business Tax Credit prepared by the National Council of Nonprofits.
For more information: To help your staff and board understand how the ACA will impact your nonprofit, the National Council of Nonprofits has developed these resources. Please note these materials are for a national audience.
- Click HERE for a list of the key provisions of the ACA and how they affect charitable nonprofits.
- Click HERE for answers to frequently asked questions about how the ACA affects charitable nonprofits.
- Click HERE for What a Texan Needs to Know About the Affordable Care Act