The 83rd Regular Session of the Texas Legislature is now underway. For the next few months, TANO will track their proposed legislation affecting the overall Texas nonprofit sector. We will offer updates through our Public Policy Alerts and in our regular TANOgram e-newsletters.
Richard W. Meyer is serving as TANO’s Public Policy Associate through this session, tracking legislation and offering commentary to help guide us through the inevitable complexities of the process.
Among TANO’s priorities are legislative action on the report and recommendations issued by the Task Force on Improving Nonprofit Relations, co-chaired by TANO President and CEO, Barry Silverberg, and Bee Moorhead, Executive Director of Texas Impact.
- Five Weeks Remaining for 2013 Texas Legislature
- Partnering for Impact: Government-Nonprofit Contracting Reform Task Forces Produce Results for Taxpayers
- The pace quickens in Texas Legislature – Update
- Legislative Task Force on Improving Relations with Nonprofits Report
- Mid-session Texas legislative update as of “60th day”filing deadline TANO 2013
- Public Policy Agenda
- Many Causes, One Unified Voice – the first of a series of public policy and legislative commentaries
Return here for periodic legislative updates during the 2013 session, or contact Barry Silverberg, TANO President & CEO, email@example.com for updated information.