TANO is NRMC Affiliate
TANO is one of a select group of 13 national satellite offices of the Nonprofit Risk Management Center (NRMC)*.
Our resource libraries contain all of their publications and we periodically host all day conferences around the state on the all-important, but often ignored, subject of nonprofit risk management. In 2009, TANO was the primary host for the 2009 Risk Management and Finance Summit for Nonprofits held in Austin.
TANO members enjoy significant discounts when purchasing the pragmatic, high quality resources available from the NRMC, including, but not limited to:
- Sunday to Tuesday, October 10–12, 2010 at the Loews Hotel in Philadelphia
- To be part of the TANO delegation - and enjoy discounted registration and other savings - e-mail Barry Silverberg at email@example.com to express your interest and get further details.
Policy Development & Financial Management Online Tools
- My Risk Management Policies - Create custom policies for your nonprofit [description & TANO discount info / purchase]
- My Financial Management Plan - Create a customized financial management plan for your nonprofit [description & TANO discount info / purchase]
- 12 Hallmarks of a Risk Aware Nonprofit
- Risk Management Classroom - Accessible training on your desktop, available 24/7 — 14 courses
- Accident Preparation and Response Tutorial -Tutorial with quizzes and final test — free
- Risk Management Tutorial for Nonprofit Managers - Tutorial with quizzes and final test — free
- Business Continuity Planning - Tutorial with quizzes and final test — free
- Volunteer Risk Management - Tutorial with quizzes and final test — free
- Work Place Safety Tutorials for Nonprofits and the Public Sector - Tutorial with quizzes and final test — free
- Workplace Safety Is No Accident, An Employer's Online Toolkit to Protect Employees and Volunteers - for Nonprofits and the Public Sector
State Liability Laws for Charitable Organizations and Volunteers (TX on pp. 103 -106)
Mission Controls Fact Sheets on Crisis Management
- Community Collaboration
- Communicating During a Crisis
- Crisis Management Essentials
- Emergency Evacuation Strategy
- Employee Fear and Low Morale
- Handling Suspicious Packages and Letters
- On a Smaller Scale: Adapting Risk Management Principles
- Policies and Procedures for Hoaxes
- Screening Prospective Staff is Sound Risk Management
- Threatening Call Checklist and Record Sheet
If you’d like more information on any of these topics, you can purchase the Nonprofit Risk Management Center’s book, Vital Signs: Anticipating, Preventing and Surviving Crisis in a Nonprofit.
Publications Catalog - Read or download full resource catalog
Note that the TANO resource library has a complete set of NRMC publications available for review, and maintains a supply of some of the NRMC's publications for purchase
*About the Nonprofit Risk Management Center: The Nonprofit Risk Management Center (NRMC) helps nonprofits deal with uncertainty. It was established in 1990 to provide assistance and resources for community-serving nonprofit organizations. As a nonprofit, the Center is uniquely positioned to both understand and respond to questions with practical, affordable suggestions for controlling risks that threaten a nonprofit's ability to accomplish its mission.
NRMC offer a wide range of services (from technical assistance to software to training and consulting help) on a vast array of risk management topics (from employment practices, to insurance purchasing to internal controls and preventing child abuse). It does not sell insurance or endorse organizations that do.
The Nonprofit Risk Management Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.