Participate in the 2012 Nonprofit Salary Survey
Receive significant savings on the final report
Nonprofit salary information is among our most often requested resources and we are now offering all nonprofits in Texas the opportunity to participate and contribute to the new 2012 Salary Report. This year TANO is participating in a national nonprofit compensation survey that is being conducted in partnership with the National Council of Nonprofits and Columbia Books & Information Services. This will provide both national nonprofit data as well as Texas-specific data*.
The 2012 Nonprofit Salary Survey closes April 30, and the results will be available in June. We are offering this opportunity to all Texas nonprofits to help you and your organization set fair and competitive compensation – the key to hiring and maintaining valuable employees.
*TANO will produce Metropolitan Area (MSA) specific data for every Area from which at least 100 nonprofits complete the survey. View the communities and counties constituting each MSA. Depending on response rates, we may be able to issue special reports by Area.
TANO organizational members who participate in the survey are eligible to receive a FREE copy of the Texas report. Register to begin the survey now. You will then receive a log-in by email the next day to begin the survey. There is no charge to register and take the survey. Members: if you do not participate in the survey and want to purchase the data later, the report will cost $75 (a 50% savings) – so save that money now and complete the survey before April 30!
Nonprofits who are not organizational members of TANO are also strongly encouraged to participate in the survey so that we can, for the first time ever, have substantive nonprofit salary data for Texas nonprofits. Non-members can participate and receive a 50% discount on the purchase of the final report.
Register to begin the survey now. You will then receive a log-in by email the next day to start the survey. There is no charge to register and take the survey. Non-members: if you do not participate in the survey and want to purchase the data later, the report will cost $150 – so save $75 and complete the survey before April 30!
Better yet – become a TANO organizational member now, take the survey, and save $150 by contacting Ellen Tucker, Director of Member Services, Ellen@tano.org or 512-381-1493.
If you have questions in completing the survey, email Margaret@columbiabooks.com for a response
Salary survey FAQ
What is The 2012 Nonprofit Salary Survey?
Prepared in collaboration with the National Council of Nonprofits, and produced by experts at Columbia Books with over 30 years of experience conducting compensation reports, this annual salary survey is designed specifically for nonprofits. It is the fastest and easiest-to-use salary survey available. With 100 job descriptions, a quick and easy interface and a robust support team behind it, taking the survey is easy, and the resulting report will be a tremendous help to your nonprofit.
- It’s fast, easy, and FREE for TANO members who participate. Clear job descriptions make matching your positions simple and straightforward.
- The survey is specific to nonprofits like yours. You can compare your organization’s staff salary levels to those of similar organizations.
- The more participants we have, the better the data will be. High participation produces robust results, benefiting both nonprofits and those seeking to work in the nonprofit sector in our state.
- The results will help you and your organization set fair and competitive compensation – the key to hiring and maintaining valuable employees.
What will the final report include?
- Hard data to use to analyze your nonprofit’s salary structure – including MSA specific data for all MSAs from which at least 100 nonprofits participate
- Specific market salary information for over 100 positions. Easy-to-read charts include median salaries, average salaries and more
- Changes in nonprofit pay levels from one year to the next
- Salary differences by budget, and staff size
- The report will allow all participants to compare their own pay levels to comparable nonprofit organizations.
Filling Out the Survey:
- Who fills out the survey? Primarily HR or finance executives at associations and nonprofits, but if you don’t have a dedicated HR or finance staff person, your executive director would be the most appropriate person to complete the survey.
- Is it difficult? No. The user interface is designed for easy input of compensation information. A support team will be available for troubleshooting.
- Is it secure? Absolutely; the user interface is encrypted and we also provide a confidential ID to review your results in the final report.
- All Participants Note:
- After you log in and start the survey, all 501(c)3 organizations should select the "Charitable/Service Organization" category in the first screen of the survey. You will then be able to select your mission category (i.e., "Arts, Culture, Humanities", "Education", Environments and Animals", etc.).
- If you offer “bundled” paid time-off (intended to cover sick, vacation and/or personal days), please answer “yes” to the questions about sick time
When will the report be available and how much will it cost?
- The report will be available in June 2012.
- It is 100% free to fill out the survey
- TANO Organizational Members who take the survey receive a free copy of the report.
- TANO Organizational Members who don’t take the survey but would like to purchase a copy of the report may do so for a 50% discount. (The report will cost $75 for TANO organizational members.)
- Non-members who take the report will receive a 50% discount and may purchase the report for $75.
- Non-members who do not take the survey may purchase the report for full price: $150
Remember, the report is free for members who take the survey!
Need more Information? Please contact Barry Silverberg, TANO President & CEO – firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions about the survey or Ellen Tucker, Director of Member Services – email@example.com, with any questions about membership.
We hope that you will contribute to this vital study. Participation is free and all results are confidential.
We encourage you to forward this information to other organizations
to help ensure we have the best Texas data possible.
Thank you for your participation!