GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Grants Manager provides significant leadership to the development, management, and implementation of the agency’s grants program. This position will manage a comprehensive grants program to include research and identification of grant funding sources, development and submission of quality grant proposals, negotiation of grant deliverables and contracts, and relationship management with funding sources. The role is highly collaborative with Programs, Finance and Development. This position provides outstanding customer service to prospects, donors and agency staff.
Research and Planning
- Identify opportunities for new and renewal grant funding by conducting research of public and private grant funding sources through monitoring of local, state and federal announcements, utilizing grant research tools and libraries, and keeping abreast of other opportunities.
- Review literature dealing with funds available through grants from governmental agencies and private foundations to determine feasibility of proposal submission.
- Analyze program requirements and sources of funds available. Make recommendations regarding potential grant submissions.
- Develop and maintain a prospect ranking and tracking system, along with an annual grants calendar which includes the funding sources’ names and contact information, proposed amount of request and use of funds, deadlines, and special requirements.
- Track progress toward grant fundraising goals by program and overall agency funding needs.
- Keep abreast of data, research, statistics, and information about issues, trends, and community needs relating to ABC services and target populations.
Proposal Development and Submission
- Collaborate with Executive Team & Directors to determine priorities for program funding, focus of program services, and to ascertain an overall understanding of fund implementation strategy.
- Work with prospective and current funders, foundations, and corporate representatives to answer questions related to proposal development, requirements, and timelines.
- Coordinate with the staff affected by proposals, to develop program goals and objectives, outline how funds are to be used, and explain procedures necessary to obtain funding.
- Responsible for coordinating with Chief Financial Officer and program staff in preparing budgets and budget narratives to justify budgetary expenditures.
- Write grant applications, according to format required by grantors, and upon completion, partner with appropriate staff for required review and signature.
- Coordinate, manage and edit any proposals written by contractors or other ABC staff.
- Package and submit applications, in accordance with grantor requirements and deadlines, and monitor and track status of proposals.
Respond to any requests for information regarding the proposal, coordinate responses, and insure all information is provided to grant funding source according to deadlines.
- Serve as liaison between external grant funding sources and ABC staff by attending meetings, responding to information requests, and resolving issues.
Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation
- Negotiate and submit revisions of grant document and work plans, as necessary.
- Assure compliance with conditions of grant and grant deliverables by monitoring and analyzing agreements and contracts and coordinating with program and finance staff to resolve potential and existing issues.
- Responsible for coordinating with program and finance staff to report and communicate with grant funders.
- Maintain master files on grants and monitor paperwork connected with grant-funded programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Work, Communications or other related field, plus four plus years of relevant work experience. .
- Demonstrated propensity to be self directed and show strong initiative.
- Demonstrated knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to government grants, contract development and administration, along with grant research resources and techniques.
- Exceptional ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively, both verbal and written, and represent the interests of ABC to funding sources.
- Strong computer proficiency with all MS Office suite products, especially MS Word and Excel, along with a familiarity of fundraising and database applications.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented with excellent documentation and follow up habits.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure of deadlines, along with capacity and flexibility to work simultaneously on a number of projects.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, producing high-quality work in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage projects effectively while collaborating successfully.
- Strong work ethic and passion for improving the lives of children and families.