Pay Range: $40,000 to $50,000 DOE
Caritas of Austin provides a service continuum for those experiencing poverty that begins with a safety net and links them to resources to achieve self-sufficiency.
We envision a community where there is respect for all individuals, hope for those experiencing poverty and opportunities for self-reliance.
At Caritas of Austin, our hope for our clients, staff, volunteers and community is demonstrated through Commitment, Equity, Respect and Support.
Caritas of Austin provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
The Grants & Contracts Manager researches and writes local, state, regional, and federal government grants. This position also coordinates the implementation of grant awards and ensures post-award compliance including timely filing of reports.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Works closely with Caritas of Austin management to identify service and program needs and develop an annual plan and grant goals with reasonable outputs and outcomes.
- Compiles, writes, and edits grant applications, in coordination with appropriate Caritas staff, exhibiting superior writing skills. Responsible for supplying additional information and reporting as required throughout the grant life cycle.
- Manages the life cycle of federal, state, and local government contracts using knowledge of grant and contract administration rules/regulations, technical expertise, and analytical skills.
- Collaborates with staff to ensure compliance with conditions of grants agreements.
- Maintains an internal calendar of grant reporting requirements and deadlines across the agency.
- Provides appropriate grant summary reports to management.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with key funders.
- Responsible for pre-award and post-award administration of grants. Compiles and completes reports to meet grant requirements.
- Identifies, researches, and develops grant funding sources and communicates those opportunities to appropriate leadership.
- Collaborate with the Philanthropic Grants Coordinator.
- Serves as the agency Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS) Administrator.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Licensure
Bachelor’s degree required.
Two years of grant writing and grants administration required.
Experience with social services, homelessness or refugee issues, government contracts and private funding sources is preferred.
Job Knowledge/Technical Knowledge: Demonstrates a sound working knowledge of current role and the technical systems, applications and equipment used in performing this role, and understands the impact this role has on other business functions within the organization
Communication: The ability to write and speak effectively using appropriate convention based on the situation; actively listens to others, asks questions to verify understanding, and uses tact and consideration when delivering feedback to others
Organization: Uses time efficiently by prioritizing and planning work activities
Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates upmost level of integrity in all instances, and shows respect towards others and towards company principles
Judgment: Demonstrates ability to make independent and sound decisions in all situations
Teamwork: Shares key information with others involved in a project or effort, works in harmony to accomplish objectives, responds with enthusiasm to directives, and shows support for departmental and organizational decisions
Quality: Sets high standards and measures of excellence to ensure quality assurance in every aspect of work performed
Accountability: Takes personal responsibility and ownership for adhering to all company policies and procedures while also completing work timely and in accordance with performance expectations
Customer Service: The ability to demonstrate a series of activities designed to enhance the level of customer satisfaction
Interpersonal Communication: Writes and speaks effectively based on the psychological, relational, situation, environmental and cultural dynamics within the situation
Manages Change: Demonstrates effectiveness and flexibility with changing environments, responsibilities, tasks, and people
Attention to Detail: Follows detailed procedures to ensure accuracy in the entry and reporting of data.
Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves issues timely by gathering and analyzing information skillfully
Internet-based research and desktop publishing skills, proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point & database software are essential.
Method of Contact/Inquiry/Application\
Please email cover letter and resume by April 3rd to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.