Position: Event Management Intern – Skillpoint Alliance 21st Anniversary Event
Hours: 10-20 Hours per week. Actual hours will vary depending upon requirements event. We will accommodate prospective student’s schedules as best as possible.
Compensation: Stipend of $2000
Job Description: The Event Management Intern will play an integral role in the planning and execution of Skillpoint Alliance’s 21st Anniversary on October 1st. The role will run from the beginning of June to October 1st. As Event Management Intern he/she will work with the teams responsible for putting together detailed plans to execute the event. The candidate must be able to work independently. You will need to complete a wide range of activities requiring clear, effective communication, critical thinking, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. You must be able to work well under pressure, make decisions, and ensure the smooth and efficient running of an event. Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to communication with event sponsors, vendors, and event staff, and other duties as assigned. This position will report to the Events and Volunteer Coordinator at Skillpoint Alliance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Coordinator in planning, coordination, and management of event
- Coordination with event partners and partner staff
- Working with a team to plan and execute all logistical items for the the event
- Working with a team to organize parking, hospitality, and event set up/breakdown
- Working with a team to coordinate staffing and volunteer requirements
- Prepare logistic documents for all vendors
- All other duties approved by supervisor.
Required Education and/or Experience: Must be at least 18 years old and have transportation. Able to pass a criminal background and child abuse history check (Act 32/33 Clearance). Flexible schedule. Proficient in Microsoft Office. Past experience with event planning/management.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.