Job Purpose: The Case Manager performs screening and assessment of client eligibility for El Buen Samaritano Episcopal Mission services including the food pantry, the Wallace Mallory Clinic, Travis County Healthcare District, Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Medicaid, Medical Assistance Program (MAP), Project Access, and other community health and social service programs in Austin. Detailed and persistent case management of clients to ensure clients access El Buen Samaritano services as appropriate, and access other community resources as qualified and appropriate.
- Interview clients in person and by telephone to determine eligibility for El Buen Samaritano services and other community programs, developing appropriate service plans, providing appropriate educational materials and/or sessions, administering financial assistance, and giving appropriate referrals.
- Accurately enter client information into multiple databases, educate, and orient clients about El Buen Samaritano services and other community services.
- Manages client scheduling for most effective service to patient population and most efficient use of staff and volunteer time.
- Identify community resources for clients and continually develop knowledge of community resources for position, staff, and clients.
- Case manage client/families to problem solve and overcome barriers, contact other El Buen Samaritano programs as needed to ensure clients are accessing services as guided and directed. Also contact outside agencies as needed to make sure clients and family access community services and resources.
- Administer financial assistance program.
- Compile statistical data for various reports such as: monthly eligibility reports, weekly log, keep daily track of new and renewed eligibility encounters.
- Maintain and file confidential records and files pertaining to clients such as: proof of income, proof of residency, and any other information as designated.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of eligibility criteria, referral process, and other various programs, taking initiative to seek additional information as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attend weekly and/or monthly meetings with human services team, clinic staff and EBESM staff. Meet with other EBESM departments and other community agencies to promote and educate them regarding the EBSEM vision and services offered within our organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with the ADA to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in social work from an institution of higher education accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, required.
- One to four years’ experience in social service or community health field with basic understanding of community resources for families with limited financial and healthcare resources.
- Bilingual required; Fluent written and spoken English and proficiency in speaking Spanish.
- Excellent oral and written communications that effectively connect clients with El Buen services and other community resources.
- Efficient time management and effective interaction with other staff on client issues and access.
- Able to work under pressure, prioritize tasks, and keep supervisor and staff informed as appropriate.
- Able to work with clients who are under a great deal of stress and anxiety.
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and oral) and work well with a variety of stakeholders from different socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing business environment including learning and applying new training and knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, analyze data, make good decisions, attend to details, and manage projects.
- Proficient computer skills (word processing, spreadsheet, database management, email).
- Must have a valid TX driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Must be insurable by EBS company vehicle insurance provider.
- Flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
Working Conditions: Special job or environmental conditions and physical requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with the ADA to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Rapid work pace, with frequent deadlines
- Frequently required to sit, talk and hear
- Frequent activity requiring the ability to stand, walk and/or reach with hands and arms
- Visual acuity including close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus required
- Ability to see at close range and focus for long periods of time
- Continuous indoor work
- Occasional weekend and evening work
- Must be able to use a computer to track detailed data, write reports and receive information
- Must be able to communicate in person and by phone
- Must be able to drive to and from meetings, events and to run errands
- Must be able to attend work on a daily basis as scheduled
Job Title: Bilingual Case Manager
Department: Human Services
Reports To: Human Services Manager
You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Apply at: http://www.indeed.com/job/bilingual-case-manager-9817a948be2d0bb4
El Buen Samaritano is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of people who love what they do!